Thursday, November 4, 2010

Whew.

November 4, 2010

My brain hurts a little bit. This is not at all a bad thing, but I’m realizing that I’m definitely ready for some days off. Jaime and I just had one day off last week, on Wednesday, but we just went to Luwero so we didn’t really “get away”, or do anything very exciting. Since then we have worked straight through because of the last weekend of the Teen Girls’ workshop. I’m just doing so much new and interesting stuff here, and being exposed to new experiences and sights each day, and trying to pick out bits and pieces from everyone’s conversations in Luganda, and speaking my “Uganda English”, that I think I’m suffering from a bit of cerebral fatigue.

Even writing this blog, I’m taking some staring-off-into-space breaks. But my horoscope this week said: “Refresh your blog in the coming week ... But don't stop there. Use every other way you can imagine to show the world who you are. Be articulate and demonstrative and revelatory.” Gotta love those adjectives. So I’m off to recharge myself by ... going on a safari! How very ‘African Tourist’ of me. I’m really looking forward to it. Jaime and I will be heading up north to Murchison Falls park to go on a game drive and then a boat trip right up close to the falls. I’m sure there will be endless photo opportunities. And after recharging my batteries, so to speak, I will be diving back into work next week. My last two weeks of my placement will keep me good and busy, trying to complete projects before my departure. I’m most definitely looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Your horoscope should have gone on to say: "protect your camera from the impending mist for it will surely cause it to seize (but only temporarily)". I just love, love, love your blog.

    ReplyDelete