November 7, 2010
Back from the trip to Murchison Falls. It was just what I needed. Great scenery, good lodging, lovely company, amazing wildlife. We had a three hour game drive Saturday morning, with lots of photo snapping. The giraffe and elephant sightings had me laughing with glee and clapping my hands like a little kid! We headed back to camp for lunch and to escape the heat of the day (my cold shower was delicious) before an afternoon boat cruise up the Nile to Murchison Falls. Saw lots more animals on the banks and in the water. Today we went for a little hike to get closer to the falls, and I took some more photographs before my camera seized up (temporarily, thank god!) due to the mist. A very relaxing drive back (except for the tse tse flies) brought me back here in the late afternoon feeling well rested and ready for my busy week.
Speaking of photos, I’m planning to have some slideshows upon my return. I’d like to have them in Rossland, Nelson and Vancouver, so if you are interested in seeing some of my pictures, hearing some more about my trip and Shanti Uganda, then let me know and I’ll send you the date and time when I have it. I might also have some bags and bead jewellery for sale, made by our women’s group. It’s gorgeous stuff, and I’ve been telling the women how many compliments I get on my bag and necklace when I wear them in Canada. They love hearing how many people enjoy the fruits of their labour.
This week I’m leading a baby massage workshop, which I’m a bit nervous about. This being Uganda, I’m not really sure if I’ll have three mothers turn out, or thirty! I’ll let you know how it turns out. Wish me luck!
I will be at your slide show with bells on!!
ReplyDelete