Sitting in the common area of the Entebbe Backpackers, no internet available yet, so I’m writing my post for transfer later.
Had quite a smooth trip here, I must say. On the flight from Amsterdam to Entebbe I was sitting next to a man from Uganda, living in London, who was a pastor in the Pentacostal church. He told me the story of how he came to accept Jesus as his personal saviour, and said he would pray for me to do the same. He was a kind man, and told me a few interesting stories over the course of the flight. He made several suggestions of parks in Uganda where I should go on safari to see lions and elephants and the like.
Upon arrival, there was a man waiting for me with a sign that said “Vanessa Senecal”! First time I’ve had that happen, and I found it oddly exciting. He was waiting for another traveler as well, so in the meantime I had him pose for a picture. I also made note of the full moon which was peeking out among the clouds. Is that a good omen? I’m going to say yes.
The airport here is small, and within a few minutes drive it feels like we’re practically in the countryside. There’s camping at this hostel as well, and I woke up (after a delicious night’s sleep, despite the cruddy pillow) to birds chirping outside and mild, warm, sunny weather.
Since there’s no internet, and I neglected to write down Kristen’s contact #, I’m sitting here waiting patiently, about to eat the “Western breakfast” that I ordered. But I’m having “African” tea.
P.S. These photos were not actually taken at the Entebbe airport, because that is not permissible by Ugandan law.
P.S. These photos were not actually taken at the Entebbe airport, because that is not permissible by Ugandan law.
haha! YES! You got your sign at the airport :)
ReplyDeleteGreat sign! I can feel the excitement in this first official African post. Off the read the next one..
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted a sign!!
ReplyDelete